Menopausal Weight Loss & Health
The menopause can change the way your body feels due to hormone changes. Regular physical activity and a healthy balanced diet designed for this phase is crucial for women facing or going through the menopause.
Menopause is an important transition in a woman’s life and, if managed well, you can keep that youthful feeling for many years to come without having to fear. Use it as a reminder to take good care of yourself, start by considering these fitness tips for menopause.
Why bother with fitness during menopause?
Whether you’ve exercised faithfully for years or you haven’t been active, physical activity during and after menopause offers many benefits. For example, regular physical activity can:
- Prevent weight gain. Women tend to lose muscle mass and gain abdominal fat around the time of the menopause. Even slight increases in physical activity can help prevent weight gain.
- Reduce the risk of breast cancer. Physical activity during and after menopause can help you lose excess weight or maintain a healthy weight, which may offer protection from breast cancer.
- Strengthen your bones. Physical activity can slow bone loss after menopause, which lowers the risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
- Reduce the risk of other diseases. Menopause weight gain can have serious implications for your health. Excess weight increases the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Regular physical activity can counter these risks.
- Boost your mood. Physical activity can improve your psychological health at any stage of life.
I have worked and helped many women approaching on in the menopause with a programme designed for promoting wellbeing. With the right support you can turn the clock back and feel energetic and youthful once again.