High intensity interval training (HIIT) is an enhanced form of interval training. Intense bursts of activity are followed by a small period of rest or less intense activity. Sessions can last between 5 – 40 minutes and despite the short work out times, they provide excellent results. HIIT is efficient, burns more fat, increases metabolism and will dramatically improve your athletic capacity and condition.
A high intensity workout is perfect for those living a busy lifestyle who may find it difficult to find time for exercise as it can be completed in a short space of time. It’s by no means the easiest form of exercise but with our expert help, we will find and push you to your limit.
The science behind it – The main benefit of HIIT is its ability to help you burn fat after your workout; the body will consume more calories for up to 24 hours after the workout.
The proven benefits of HIIT go on and on, if you’re a full time working professional in the fast paced life of London, struggling to find time to stay fit, you should consider HIIT with us. We promise not only to get you to the best shape of your life, but to keep you there too.
Key benefits to HIIT:
- Efficiency: HIIT is ideal for those with a busy schedule, whether you’re squeezing in a workout in your lunch break or you want to get in shape for an upcoming event. Research has shown that you can achieve more in just 15 minutes 3 times per week than you can jogging for an hour on a treadmill.
- Constant Fat Burning: The intensity of the HIIT workout sends your body into hyperdrive whilst trying to adapt to the new routine, this means you carry on burning calories for as long as 24 hours after the workout!
- A Healthy Heart: Extreme training produces extreme results. Studies have shown that 8 weeks of HIIT workouts can double your endurance.
- No Equipment Necessary: HIIT workouts focus on bodyweight exercises like squats and jumping lunges, so put down the dumbbells and lace up your trainers!
- Lose Weight, Not Muscle: Steady cardio seems to encourage muscle loss (think long distance runners!) but HIIT workouts help you preserve your hard earned muscles whilst eliminating the fat around them.
- Increasing Metabolism: HIIT workouts stimulate your production of the human growth hormone by up to 450% during the 24 hours after you finish working out. Not only does this increase your calorie burning power, it actually slows the ageing process too!
Contact us today and let us help you get in the best shape of your life!